PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Privacy Operations and Data Governance Analyst- San Mateo
At Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), data is a critical business asset that facilitates business operations, empowers decision making, and provides vital insights into improvement and innovation of PlayStation products and services. With exponential data growth brought on by PlayStation’s success, the Data Governance and Literacy team is tasked with the mission to instill a culture of responsible and effective use of data. This is accomplished by governing data as a valuable enterprise asset and continuously elevating the organization’s data literacy. With an initial focus on data privacy and data sharing, this role focuses on executing data governance processes to advance the understanding of and compliance with data handling policies within SIE as well as across broader Sony.
- Operationalize data governance by managing the rollout of data stewardship to select business units within SIE
- Facilitate global privacy reviews at scale - a key data governance process designed to instill proactive thinking of privacy implications pertaining to a business unit’s data activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders of the privacy review process (e.g. business units, privacy attorneys) by ensuring that using data flow diagrams, all parties involved in the process have a thorough understanding of relevant data operations, that necessary information for the privacy reviews is provided and that the reviews are conducted on a timely basis
- Maintain and scale documentation of privacy reviews, including data flow diagrams, assessment notes and outcomes, and inventories of systems and activities
- Take a metrics-based approach and a continuous improvement mindset to data stewardship operations including but not limited to achieving privacy compliance at scale
- Be a trusted partner to assigned business units by building domain expertise, by understanding their rhythm of business, and by offering balanced advisory. Assist in the development of actionable data handling policies, standards, and guidelines
- 3+ years experience in data privacy operations, privacy regulatory compliance, security GRC, or trust & safety function - executing cross-functional organizational processes in data governance/ stewardship
- Experience with issue/ project-tracking and content management tools like Jira, OneTrust and Confluence
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with proven ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- An analytical mind, a strong sense of ownership, and a bias for structure and action
- Passion and energy for working in the video gaming industry
- Broad understanding of database concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Preferred IAPP certification such as CIPM, CIPP or CIPT
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.