PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Playstation leads the way in developing games, hardware, digital services and interactive entertainment which are defining the games industry. More importantly, we offer a diverse, inclusive culture where every one of our employees has room to grow. We bring together game developers, software engineers, data analysts, content creators, network services, cybersecurity, operations, business administration and multi-functional professionals — all working as a team to create incredible experiences on a global stage. Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services including: PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios like Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and many more. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, with key offices in London and Japan, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek a Database Engineer within the Data & Shared Services Engineering team, which is part of the Platform & Engineering Enablement Group. This is a fast-paced position supporting the establishment of a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed data and services platform. The individual's primary responsibilities will include contributing to the implementation and delivery of the end-to-end automation platform, to support real time database activities, with a focus on developer self-service capabilities. This position requires extensive technical expertise and knowledge of cloud environment and databases, preferably Oracle and AWS RDS. Broad industry knowledge, strong customer focus, and good communication skills are a must.
- Monitor and maintain database service performance
- Support application and service releases to Stage/Pre-production and production environments
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database performance and scalability issues
- Triage and resolve customer database issues - effectively communicate issue, resolution plan, and service impact
- Implement and communicate Database best practice.
- Design, implement and maintain new database services/architectures and follow deployment, backup and replication solutions and procedures
- Implement a flexible, manageable, and secure authentication for database services, aligning to Sony security, SOX policies and other regulatory compliance.
- Effectively present information, respond to questions from internal customers, colleagues and partners
- Provide on-call support
- 4+ years of AWS DBA experience required.
- Build, deploy, configuration and maintenance of AWS RDS Aurora, RDS MySQL, RDS Oracle, Hosted Oracle, Athena based solutions
- Strong SQL, Shell, Python scripting
- Strong experience of Cloud Networking practices (secure design, debugging)
- Experience with Jenkins and similar CI/CD tools.
- Experience with github or similar source repository tools
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good customer relationship skills.
- Able to write elegant, scalable and maintainable code
- Prior experience building infrastructure in AWS or similar cloud services using Cloudformation or similar Infrastructure as Code tools.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.