PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
It is an exciting time to be part of SIE’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) leadership team. SRE teams operate at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. These teams strive to make the PlayStation Network Platform a highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure product and service. As an SRE Manager, you are ultimately responsible for system reliability, developer productivity and reducing time to market by striving to reduce technical debt of the services your SRE team supports. We seek managers who are passionate about system reliability to influence and drive the strategic SRE mission.
As a Systems Reliability Engineer Leader, the successful candidate will be working on critical services and transactional databases with the mission to ensure they are fast, highly available, scalable, and able to withstand unprecedented increases in load. The position requires the flexibility to take a holistic approach to troubleshooting and the ability to delve deeply into technical details while leading an enthusiastic and hardworking SRE team. The candidate is responsible for building automation tools for system health and production acceptance tests to validate production changes to ensure the system is well instrumented and highly fault tolerant.
Key Leadership Responsibilities:
- Engage, influence, and promote SRE practices with development, operational and product groups to align technology service/solution delivery.
- Drive quality accountability within the organization with well-defined processes, metrics, and goals.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Shared Services development by instilling engineering reliability into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches.
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation and other non-functional systems requirements.
- Must be able to define and report "progress" on strategic initiates and project level tasks to all stakeholders including senior executives, clients and use effective communication approaches with each constituency.
- Implement metrics driven processes to ensure service quality targets are met.
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of designing, developing, managing large real-time systems.
- Project and process management
- Prior successful experience as a systems performance or site/systems reliability engineer.
- Mastery of Linux/Unix.
- Mastery in PHP or Perl Programming.
- Mastery of fault tolerant approaches in a large-scale distributed environment and high-performance systems
- Demonstrated experience working in large, complex systems environments.
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols.
- A passion for performance excellence, robustness and engineering mindset
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field. Qualifications
Knowledge and Experience:
- The successful candidate will possess an outstanding record of professional experience and will thrive in an environment that demands accountability. He/She must possess significant technology management and product development experience. He/She must also have strong planning, organizational, communication skills, and be a key driver to help the team understand the big picture perspective.
- Proven leader of technology solutions in a high-volume transaction environment.
- Accomplished leader with 5+ years managing extremely high transactional services and databases.
- Have excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skills.
Maintain excellent written and verbal communications with clients, employees, and management chain, including status reports, project plans, presentations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.