PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
The Art team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for Senior VFX Artist to come aboard and help us build the highest quality game VFX possible.
- Create visual effects across all areas of the game, ranging from natural environmental effects, effects to punctuate game action, to effects for characters and their interaction with elements within the game world.
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the VFX art production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with the creation of VFX content.
- Work closely with the Art Director to deliver quality results and proactively collaborate with other VFX artists and other team members to deliver project needs.
- Actively develop and improve skillset and abilities by staying aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages, and putting traditional art methods into practice.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Take on challenging VFX problems and develop solutions that consider all variables in a self-sufficient manner.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in game industry as Visual Effects Artist, with at least 1 game shipped.
- Experience with real-time game engines and production pipelines.
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
- Proficiency in fluid, particle, and rigid body simulations to create realistic FX in 3d packages such as Houdini, Maya, or 3dsMax.
- Deep comprehension of how real-time VFX influences performance and how to maintain visual standards while supporting gameplay.
- Strong understanding of node-based shaders and their creation.
- Strong understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows.
- Strong understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials, and post processing (colour grading etc.)
- Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent knowledge of video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- Experience with a scripting or programming language.
- Experience using popular game engines.
- Experience building and maintaining FX tools/Rigs.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.