PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior SEO Technical Analyst- San Mateo
An exciting opportunity to join a new distributed team that leads content and operations for PlayStation.com - marketing some of the world’s most popular products, services, and experiences. We are looking for an experienced technically focused Senior SEO Technical Analyst to join our central web & editorial strategy team who manage all search engine optimization and marketing activities across PlayStation’s web channels. The role requires working and supporting the SEO Manager on roadmaps across onsite optimization, technical SEO, and efficient indexability/crawlability. The successful candidate will be resourceful, resilient, highly organized, with a can-do attitude, as well as be a self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change. Reporting into the web & editorial SEO manager based in our London office in UK. this is a global role and will require collaboration with a distributed team across multiple time-zones
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- You will be responsible for technical SEO activities such as auditing, troubleshooting and management of SEO tech tools.
- Managing the QA and Regression testing prior any SEO items pushed to production.
- Building user stories based on business value alongside the backlog process is essential.
- Deliver towards the critical metrics set out by line management.
- Provide technical SEO guidance to development team responsible for everyday work streams.
- Perform ongoing tech audit and monitoring of SEO tools.
- Research and implement latest search engine optimization recommendations.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO.
- Management of on-site Algolia search tool.
Business Management & Engagement:
- Be an ambassador for SEO; educating key partners of the importance of SEO.
- Provide SEO guidelines to the business and focusing on improving ways of working.
- Ensure SEO processes aligned with marketing efforts.
Reporting on Performance:
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights to achieve maximum return on investment.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics or similar)
- Track, report, and analyze impact of SEO work on a regular basis.
- Perform competitive analysis; understand search strategies of competitors, offering insights and take advantage of gained insights.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and standard methodologies in SEO and SEM.
- Experience with tools (e.g., Brightedge, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Deep Crawl)
- Collaborate with developers to implement technical and onsite SEO changes across international regions (e.g. site architecture, international SEO, internal page-linking) to optimize PlayStation’s digital channels from a search perspective.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ year technical SEO experience (content SEO experience a plus).
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication (proficiency in additional languages is a plus).
- Ability to communicate complex technical SEO solutions in "plain English" to partners who do not have strong SEO or digital understanding.
- Excellent project management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and integrity
- Expert knowledge of on-page and technical SEO.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Experience using tools such as Wrike/JIRA/SAP/Slack.
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to shape a story of successes/opportunities based on data.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to influence and work closely within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence and not be afraid to challenge when necessary.
- Strong analytical skill set to complement very customer centric thinking.
- Experience with multi-site, multi-language, global site SEO management a plus.
- Collaboration skills and working effectively within a team environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.