PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join our award-winning God of War team
The Production Team at Santa Monica Studio excels at creative problem solving and communication. We thrive on being at the intersection of people and productivity as the glue that holds the studio together. Whether by being leaders of the craft of project management or partners who will clear the path ahead, the production team is here in service to the studio, to move development forward and achieve quality.
With this at the core, we are looking for an experienced, driven and expert planner, who has familiarity with programming or scripting languages, to join our team as a Sr Producer, Engineering. A Sr Producer, Engineering is relied upon to lead long-term scheduling efforts as well as to direct ground level production activities of multiple discipline teams and large areas of the game. Responsibilities include partnering with the lead producer, creative directors and leads, guiding and directing other producers and collaborating with studio managers to own the creation, maintenance and execution of a project plan to determine resource, budget and schedule needs.
Own the production of multiple discipline teams in all areas:
- Run the production pipeline of a broad area of the game crossing multiple disciplines throughout all phases of the product development cycle from design through final approval
- Craft and maintain a comprehensive project plan, schedule, scope and resource forecast for multiple disciplines along a complex production pipeline
- Manage day-to-day production issues to allow the team to achieve the highest possible game quality. Schedule and maintain tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams
- Lead and direct other Producers and Associate Producers to balance resources and ensure correct prioritization to ship our games to quality, schedule and budget
Lead day-to-day production through rigorous project planning, analytic thinking and information gathering:
- Break down large complex initiatives, features and challenges into manageable portions and actionable steps
- Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact on each phase of production and on the project as a whole
- Identify all groups that may be affected by a goal, actively solicit their input and follow up by strong execution
- Ensure a common understanding and agreement on project scope, objectives and impact of any changes
Partner with a wide range of team members to further current and future product development needs:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal development team, primarily partnering with the game director, discipline directors and leads
- Collaborate with managers concerning personnel issues and team member individual growth, such as meeting task expectations, actively tasking individuals toward determined growth goals
- Contribute to the development of new theories, methodologies and approaches in collaboration with creative partners. Support the creative vision by utilizing curiosity, judgement and anticipating change in order to direct or redirect efforts as needed to achieve results
Project Management Craftsmanship
- Experience with traditional Waterfall production management techniques along with Agile techniques, including SCRUM or Kanban. PMP or equivalent certification a plus
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, JIRA, Confluence and other project tracking and bug database software
Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product development and management teams
- Experience working with high performing creative teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively in a high pressure, collaborative environment
- Proven conflict management skills with a strength in mediation leading to resolution of risk and roadblocks
Education & Experience
- Minimum 10 years of games industry experience in an internal development environment in a production role
- Experience on multiple large scale, 150+ person AAA games through all phases of production from concept to release
- At least one shipped AAA PC and/or console title as a Senior Producer
- Mastery of a variety of project management techniques in an internal development environment coupled with deep experience building and maintaining schedules
- Experience working on technical teams and projects such as Engine/Rendering, Build Pipelines, DevOps, or Tools
- Familiarity with programming and/or scripting languages (e.g. C++, Python)
- Previous experience managing, guiding and mentoring junior producers
- Familiarity with various internal game production pipelines and software
- 4 year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.