PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Dialogue Coordinator
This position can be based in Los Angeles or San Mateo/Bay Area
A passionate, creative and experienced dialogue designer who has a proven track record of crafting high-quality dialogue for video games, film or television. You are interested in delivering outstanding dialogue soundscapes for major AAA projects alongside our development partners at studios such as Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more…
As it turns out:
We are looking for a Senior Dialogue Coordinator to join our award-winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st and 2nd party development projects. As part of our team, you will get to work with some of the most quality-driven developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting, immersive narrative AAA games for PlayStation.
Coordination & Teamwork: Work closely and collaborate with Dialogue Supervisors, development partners and internal teams to support the needs of the project. This includes participating in the creation of workflows and schedules for dialogue assets on all phases of production, post-production, implementation and localization. Frequently partake in coordinating voice over, ADR sessions and performance capture shoots. You will assist in building a supportive and inclusive team environment while continually forming positive relationships with our vendors and development and internal studio partners.
Technical Proficiency & Creative Skills: You are encouraged to share technical knowledge and innovative ways to create and raise our standards of game audio and post-production within our team. An in-depth understanding and knowledge of dialogue recording, editing and mastering while executing those skills on multiple projects. You will be challenged with constantly changing technology and creative processes where you will need to bring unique problem-solving skills.
Implementation: You should have a deep understanding and practice of integrating dialogue into games and work to enhance those systems, while continuing to push the boundaries on quality and efficiency.
Communication Skills: Being a team player that has excellent communication skills as you will interact and connect with internal partners throughout the PlayStation family, along with A-listed talent, development partners and outsource teams. The opportunity to eventually lead junior and intermediate team members in providing tasks and mentorship in workflow and pipelines. You will work with the Manager of Dialogue, Dialogue Supervisors and development partners to continually raise the bar of the dialogue quality and processes for our PlayStation Studio titles.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, or;
- Minimum of 3 shipped AAA titles or film, television projects in a Lead role.
- Proven record of professionally written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills and capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines while maintaining professional respect and courtesy to developers and team members.
- Proficient in all phases of dialogue production and post-production, preferably with interactive audio.
- Experienced with professional audio tools such as (but not limited to) ProTools, SoundForge, Adobe Audition, Reaper, Waves Plugins, iZotope RX, etc.
- Knowledge of signal processing devices such as compressors, limiters, equalizers, etc.
- Proven and demonstrable qualifications in dialogue editorial and mixing for pre-rendered linear cinematics of varying complexity and content styles.
- Familiarity with implementing game dialogue or audio using tools proprietary tools or known ones such as, Wwise, Fmod, Maya, Unreal, Unity, etc.
- Mixing in multiple formats such as 5.1, quad, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and database management.
- Relevant accredited education in the field of audio \ sound design \ television \ broadcasting \ game design.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.