PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At PlayStation, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more, directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this online platform for physical goods, we are looking for an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer who will help evolve processes, tooling, and the platform's reliability and availability. You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for people, process, and technology.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will
- Own the production environment and infrastructure. Adopt and apply SRE best practices.
- Implement the facilities necessary to allow engineering teams to perform progressive rollouts (blue/green, canary, dark launch, etc.) of new versions of software applications.
- Identify areas for process automation, and develop automated scripts and tools for regular operational activities.
- Review platform architecture to influence resiliency and high availability for our services.
- Conduct, document and present root cause analysis documents to share insights with the broader organization.
- Implement monitoring facilities to perform active monitoring of infrastructure, CI/CD ecosystem, and application.
- Iteratively ensure the operational readiness of services before introducing them to pre-production and production environments.
- Provide rotational on-call support where you’ll respond, investigate and resolve production incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Recent 5+ years of hands-on experience as SRE in a large enterprise environment supporting consumer facing commerce applications and site.
- Recent 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java programming and shell scripting
- Recent 5+ years of hands-on experience in API validation
- Experience working in agile/scrum environments
- Good communicator, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with git and git workflows and in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate build and release process
- Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols
- Experience in supporting highly scalable and available systems
- Experience in web/eCommerce application software development
- Experience with RUM and Synthetic Monitoring
- Experience with Akamai WAF and BMP
- Prior software development or support engineering experience on AEM and/or SAP Commerce Cloud is a huge plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.