PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
VP, Total Rewards
San Mateo, CA
We're looking for an experienced and proven leader to join PlayStation as our VP of Total Rewards. Reporting to our Global head of HR, you will drive PlayStation’s success by bringing your compensation and benefits expertise to PlayStation’s leadership team. In this position, the proper candidate will be asked to utilize and combine their knowledge and experience of cutting-edge compensation and benefits philosophies with a strong intuition for business, firm understanding of PlayStation’s culture, product and business priorities in order to design next generation Total Rewards programs to attract and retain the best talent globally. As a leader with vision, we’ll look to you to balance principles and pragmatism, steer through rapid change, and get hands-on when needed to drive positive change throughout the company.
- Lead Compensation function to effectively evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate compensation strategy, philosophy, programs, policies and initiatives that competitively position PlayStation in the attraction and retention of talent and are aligned with the strategy, priorities, business model and culture.
- This role works collaboratively with the SVP of HR, senior leaders, Finance, Legal, and external partners to design and deliver on appropriate compensation programs including broad-based and executive compensation programs as well as regional sales compensation strategies.
- Create and drive strategy that supports a diverse workforce of top talent to help achieve growth strategies.
- Architect and execute a competitive, end-to-end Total Rewards strategy that aligns with PlayStation’s overall talent agenda
- Leverage knowledge of market conditions and competitive talent landscape to design tailored strategies for compensation concerning key talent segments
- Review the mix of benefits offered to employees and assess their effectiveness; make recommendations to vary offerings based on current best practices, cost, and utility of benefits to employees
- Manage and oversee the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and reporting of executive and equity compensation programs and initiatives
- Direct studies and analyses for business unit or general management, and engage resources such as external consultants, as needed, to inform the resolution of compensation-related questions and issues
- Evaluate employee recognition approaches based on best practices and employee engagement objectives; recommend enhancements and partner with other People leaders in support of an integrated talent agenda, particularly with respect to recruiting, learning and development, performance management, compensation, and recognition
- Confer with legal team and/or outside counsel on legal aspects of plan design, administration, or contested cases. Support timely and accurate drafting and submission of legally mandated reports (summary plan descriptions, Form 5500's, etc.)
- Collaborate with benefits providers on renewals or service bids, utilization experience, cost management, and plan design options; review vendors' performance and recommend changes to management
- Plan acquisition and use of resources, tools, platforms and technology solutions for market pricing, compensation offer development, process management and communications
- Report to senior HR Leadership Team on the team's production, activities, and efforts; plan and manage the team's budget
- Represent the team as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams
- Coach and develop direct reports and instill a culture of ongoing development for all employees on Total
- 10+ years’ experience in Compensation and Benefits, including Equity design, Sales Compensation, and Executive Compensation in a global environment.
- Demonstrated ability of leading through change by being a hands-on, forward thinking leader
- Confirmed ability to build and successfully implement Compensation, Total Rewards strategies
- Track record of effectively partnering with internal senior leaders and executive team
- Created and managed innovative, compelling Compensation, Equity and Total Rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on emerging priorities
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations
- Proven track record of supervising, prioritizing and driving to success multiple projects with a strong operational background
- You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind total rewards
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.