PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Motion Editor – Visual Arts
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
This position can be remote for anyone who is currently in the United States.
The Visual Arts Group, a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation Studios. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Our Animation team is currently working on one of many upcoming PS5 titles and are looking for talented, highly motivated and creative motion editors to join our team!
- You will work as part of a team to create animations for both cinematic sequences and in-game content within according to the direction of the client and project.
- You will communicate effectively with supervisors, management, production staff and peers daily.
- Understand and interpret feedback on all work from supervisors and clients alike.
- Assemble animation scenes and editing motion capture data onto characters, props, and vehicles for integration into in-game engines and/or cinematic sequences.
- Personable as you will work closely with multiple departments, including but not limited to members of Motion Capture, Editorial, Tech Art, Animation Camera Layout, and Production teams
- While Motionbuilder is the primary software package used, it is not a required skill - experience using Maya Human IK and working with motion capture data is preferred
- Expertise in editing and animating motion capture data: scene assembly, blending motion capture, and looping motions
- Ability to follow complex workflows, trouble shoot technical and creative issues, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively
- Be open and available to creating a strong rapport with leads, supervisors, and technical artists to maintain and enhance data quality.
- Keen understanding of animation production pipelines for character animation, motion capture animation, and technical animation.
- Be flexible to changes in direction, yet work within defined procedures.
- Strong aesthetics of character animation and movement.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Understanding of Motionbuilder and/or Maya
- Strong pre-production skills including, but not limited to, animatics, camera layout, and previs.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.