PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Open to remote or onsite at our San Diego/Los Angeles locations
The Sony PlayStation Visual Arts Service Group (VASG) provides content, development, and services to Sony Game Studios. VASG has won several awards and built a reputation within the industry as a center of excellence. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art, animation, as well as pre-visualization, character creation, motion capture, software development, face/body scanning, tracking, & solving.
We seek a Machine Learning Engineer passionate about developing algorithms. Here, you will develop algorithms with clear technical documentation and prototypes that demonstrate high quality results. You will be tasked to advance our production technology and tools related to performance capture and virtual humans. If this is you, please apply!
- Develop and apply machine learning and deep learning algorithms, work to optimize performance, and build prototypes for performance capture & virtual humans initiatives.
- Leverage data to develop machine learning pipelines & tools. Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation.
- Work with character, scan, & motion capture teams to identify and lead projects that elevate quality and improve performance.
- Follow software & engineering practices outlined by Visual Arts engineering team.
- Influence the Visual Arts innovation roadmap.
- Proficient in C++ and OO design in production/R&D environment.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Matlab, or similar languages
- Experience with ML frameworks such as Tensoflow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, etc.
- Machine Learning with specific focus on animation, rigging, facial performance, and character creation.
- Professional exposure to animation & game development pipelines.
- Understanding of mathematical optimization and underlying implementation of modern neural network architectures
- Strong communication skills with the ability to learn fast and solve complex tasks.
- Driven to produce high quality and innovative solutions.
- Strong math and research experience in computer vision, computer graphics, machine vision, or image/video processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience using Unreal and/or proprietary game engines.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.