PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Client Partnerships
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Network Advertising team is a sophisticated, global advertising sales organization focused on servicing strategic platform partners. As a leader in gaming and entertainment we are continuously diversifying our business models to align our service with the needs of our customers. In the last couple of years, we have accelerated rapidly beyond our anticipated growth trajectory, and we are seeking a talented Senior Leader to join our organization. The Senior Manager of Client Partnerships will be critical to our expansion as it will play a key part in evolving our future monetization strategy by facilitating the planning, prioritization and execution of pivotal initiatives that grow the business for the designated segments of our addressable market.
The candidate will work closely with PlayStation cross-functional teams to develop scalable solutions that will empower their team with the tools needed to achieve their goals. They will lead a strategically focused, consultative sales team, selling PlayStation’s suite of advertising solutions to our most integrated business partners. We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success working across global offices, managing successful and distributed sales teams, and solving problems with limited oversight!
People & Stakeholder Management
- Lead, nurture, develop and motivate a top performing Client Partnerships team
- Work cross functionally with our global teams; conversion rate optimization, consumer lifecycle management, partner relations, operations, consumer insights product and marketing to optimize our efforts in the market
- Develop strong and lasting external relationships with key strategic partners
- Manage assigned business and customer initiatives from end-to-end
- Collaborate with a broad range of cross functional constituents, partnering with and serving for the benefit of the PlayStation organization and staff within
- Represent PlayStation by acting fairly, with integrity and with the highest ethical standards in external partner meetings
Sales Strategy Development
- Refine holistic business across a designated market segment, prioritizing opportunities for PlayStation advertising solutions
- Improve standard methodologies for client interaction, sales and services for PlayStation, including a good understanding of working with advertisers and agencies
- Identify key concerns and drive partners to solutions
- Increase the efficiency of the team by recognizing opportunities for new & innovative approaches
- Develop and launch GTM strategies for new, emerging business areas
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA’s):
- 10+ years of digital media, marketing or advertising industry experience with 5+ years management experience
- Experience working in and navigating a large global or high-growth organization with many partners
- Commercial leadership skills and ability to accurately forecast against sales quota targets
- Proven ability of achieving profitable revenue growth
- Deep knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer technology
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- Strong understanding of PlayStation, our ecosystem, and its core players
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to structure, negotiate, and maintain significant and sophisticated strategic relationships
- Ability to travel as required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.