PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Marketing Technology team at PlayStation is hiring! We are looking to fill a new Data Engineer role, focused on optimizing and building our marketing data infrastructure working alongside a wide variety of data, product and business teams.
In this San Mateo, CA based role at PlayStation's HQ you will build, lead, and scale SIE’s Global Marketing Infrastructure team that sits within the highly agile and passionate Global MarTech team responsible for building the core of Marketing Data Science to support all PlayStation products and services globally.
You will play a vital role in shaping and evolving the way that we communicate with our players across the globe as gaming and customer experience advocates to show that Play Has No Limits.
Data Engineer - San Mateo
Who you are:
- 5+ years working experience as a data or software engineer in a fast-paced growing company
- Excellent SQL and Python knowledge strong hands-on data modeling and data warehousing skills and experience in transformations orchestrated through technologies such as dbt/cloud dataflow would be a plus
- Strong experience applying software engineering standard methodologies to analytics (e.g. version control, testing, and CI/CD)
- Power-user and specialist in building scalable data warehouses and pipelines using some of Cloud tools such as Snowflake, AWS, Google Cloud, Cloud ETL tools such as Databricks (Spark/Azure)
- Solid experience with ETL/ELT and scheduling tools (e.g. Talend, Airflow)
- Experienced with data visualization tools and packages (e.g. Looker, Tableau, matplotlib)
- Familiarity with customer, marketing and/or web data (e.g. Salesforce, Google Analytics, AdWords, YouTube etc)
- Strong attention to details to highlight and address data quality issues
- Self- starter, motivated, responsible, innovative and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member
- A proactive problem solver and have good communication as well as project management skills to relay your findings and solutions across technical and non technical audiences
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Bonus points : Passionate about gaming and the digital entertainment industry
- Work closely with data/business analysts to understand business requirements
- You will be leading efforts in crafting high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses
- Write sophisticated yet optimized data transformations in SQL/Python using dbt or similar technology
- Schedule data transformation and analysis pipelines using Airflow
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources
- Apply advanced aggregations and data wrangling techniques such as imputation for predictive analytics
- Work with wide range of tech stack at various levels such as Snowflake, dbt, Airflow, Fivetran, AWS, Spark, GCP Env:BigQuery, Cloud Composer, Cloud Dataflow etc
- Build and own SIE’s 1st party ID graph
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.