PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
As a Model Validator on the Product Data Science team, you will serve a meaningful role in ensuring the team produces high quality models and in generating trust in those models throughout the company. You will work closely with a diverse team of data scientists on key product initiatives in order to improve customer experience, increase customer engagement, and determine next-best-action across critical journeys on the PlayStation around the world.
- Translate requests for model development into technical model requirements
- Actively participate in model development meetings to help ensure model quality
- Provide mentorship and feedback on inputs, methodology, and interpretation to modelers during model development
- Review the underlying inputs, assumptions, conceptual soundness, implementation, and output of completed models to quantify strengths and limitations
- Clearly communicate results to technical and non-technical partners in the form of validation reports
- Provide ongoing feedback to modelers to help guide model improvements
- Challenge assumptions and be a vocal advocate for accurate interpretation, generating trust in the team and the models we produce
- 3+ years of professional experience in a relevant data role, preferably for a media or entertainment business
- Significant knowledge of statistical inference, particularly in regards to selecting appropriate methods, checking assumptions, and validating results
- Extensive experience in and deep understanding of SQL-based languages
- Proven track record to manipulate large data sets and perform complex joins
- Comfortable with and interested in ambiguity and open-ended questions
- Proven interest in knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving
- Experience working with diverse, collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Ability to maintain high standards without being aggressive
- Passion for quality and accuracy
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.