PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you love to build large scale enterprise application that serves millions of customers? Are you interested in being part of a diverse team? Do you want to delight customers with your creation and innovation? The possibilities are limitless!
The Sony Core Identity team builds scalable, high performant authentication and authorization services for users to access PlayStation Network, the front door to the entire ecosystem of gaming, social and entertainment experiences they love. As part of our team, you'll contribute to our services as well as our neighboring teams' services. Role responsibilities include: performing in-depth requirement analysis, crafting elegant solutions with accurate test coverage, addressing operational incidents, and doing design/code reviews with peers.
- Strong hands-on Java development experience for backend web services using Spring boot framework
- Experience developing services built for deployment into AWS EC2 or EKS using Docker
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Knowledge of different data storage technologies like Oracle and DynamoDB
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems
- Experience developing REST based web services also utilizing JSON and XML.
- Passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with others at all levels, and effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Experience with Reactive Java programming a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.