PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Fraud Strategist
San Diego, CA
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about our brand and combating fraud, have a high sense of integrity, and excel in building positive relationships! Our team partners with cross functional internal teams to lead and drive forward multiple simultaneous strategic projects for fraud mitigation.
We need team members with a strong understanding of online fraud, the incentives of fraudsters, the hunger to outsmart them, the creativity to think like them, and an ability to use new and existing tools to halt them. The person in this role will be a fraud domain specialist.
We are committed to building a next generation fraud and risk platform that will support the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, outstanding PlayStation® consoles, PlayStation® Direct, PlayStation® Music, PlayStation® Video and PlayStation® Now.
Your primary responsibilities include providing strategic fraud knowledge, building effective day to day relationships with multiple teams to facilitate the delivery of multiple strategic fraud projects, and providing thought leadership to the industry. You will collaborate cross-functionally with multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their involvement, goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- Defines strategic product and technology vision, evolution of the fraud services strategy, vision, roadmap, and technologies
- Translates customer needs into well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Articulates the customer experience and impact on fraud detection and prevention activities through a customer-first approach
- Tracks evolving fraud and abuse and implements strategies to mitigate current and emerging trends
- Identifies key areas for improvement in the fraud platform and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives
- Establishes business cases and projected value to prioritize opportunities
- Drives relationships and strategic alliances with groups and companies across the industry
- Evaluates, recommends, and on-boards new products to complement current capabilities
- Defines fraud metrics and provides regular reports on the fraud and vendor performance
- 12+ years of experience in online fraud risk mitigation
- Risk and fraud product management experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to tap into a wide range of previous experience, resources, and sophisticated concepts to solve complex business objectives across multiple functions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with confirmed ability to work with others at all levels and with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills and situational awareness to communicate complicated fraud and technology concepts to all audiences
- Demonstrated ability to deliver clear stories that improve engagement, understanding, and motivate alignment on goals
- Consistently collaborative communications that demonstrate trust and respect and promote good working relationships with other teams and organizations
- Flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Takes personal accountability for delivery of team, group, and company objectives
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Prior work with online payment systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies and processes
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.