PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sales Development Manager, North America
San Mateo, CA
Global Store and Services brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Commercial Management are responsible for driving revenue to PlayStation Store and Services from the indirect channel, retail. This is achieved through custom trade marketing solutions, local territory expertise, sales and customer data analysis, competitor reviews and collaboration with multiple internal teams, publishers and integrator partners.
Reporting to the Sales Development Senior Manager, the Manager will own relationships with key direct and indirect Retailers and be responsible for the performance of Digital at Retail and Store and Services sales in North Ama specialist on market dynamics including products, performance, customer segmentation, insights, preference, competitive landscape, and local market conditions all leading toward to identify incremental sales opportunities. Help drive rapid new business sales growth and strategy in conjunction with Sales Operations to optimally execute Go-To-Market strategy. The candidate will combine structured thinking anchored in data, communication and influencing, and cross-functional project implementation and change management at scale.
At a global level, the Sales Development Manager will proactively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on overall business strategy and take the growth impact of Store and Services to the next level. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, with strong attention to detail, an analytical mind and someone who can push things forward in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Deliver Digital at Retail (PlayStation vouchers and Services cards in retail) revenue through market and retail expertise and support in analysis for sales, campaigns, and retail investments, ensuring delivery to Digital at Retail KPIs.
- Key stakeholder in expanding Store, Services, and Digital at Retail using data and performance insights to identify opportunities and maneuver through challenges and roadblocks. Bridge the gap between physical and digital goods through business expertise and retail investments.
- As a consultative partner to Commercial Management and North America Business Operations teams, maintain expert knowledge on video game industry; conduct research to guarantee the product is offered to the ‘right place, right customer, at the right time’.
- Model and simulate improvements to existing business processes, walking through ‘what if’ scenarios and dry runs to identify and resolve gaps prior to implementation.
- Lead planning sessions to campion innovative ways that will scale the success of the Field Sales team and ensure effective prospecting, up/cross-selling, and pipeline development with Sales Operations team.
- Communicate findings to leadership and the broader organization ensuring consistent implementation of effective sales processes.
- Ensure efficient delivery of products by project planning and leading cross-functional results.
- Assist with pitch development process and building a high-performance commercial sales strategy.
- Represent Commercial Management at territory meetings and be ready to occasionally present to Business Operations and global teams.
- Ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations.
- 8+ years in the retail and digital industry within market / business development, commerce, video game industry, and/or business operations experience.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement from building sales programs to drive business growth with end-to-end ownership from ideation to goal achievement.
- Experience problem solving and being a “connector” across teams through supporting a program against critical metrics through completion.
- Passionate - Creative and energetic teammate who embraces change and a desire to continually improve.
- Commercial - Resourceful in finding solutions to business problems. Solid ability to execute on strategic vision with a keen sense to activate tactical initiatives, simultaneously. Innate ability to understand and articulate market performance, analyze, and come to optimized business solutions including tailored promotions and campaigns.
- Agile - Ability to thoughtfully develop recommendations to ever-changing market dynamics and conditions. Proven ability in applying various techniques to develop successful market strategies.
- Collaborative - Strong communication skills with a proactive attitude. Delivery focused. Forward thinking and proven experience in the ability to plan, collaborate, negotiate and come to an optimal business solution. Work across teams and get great results.
- Mindful - Experience in working as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones. Flexibility and capacity to collaborate with global counterparts and global business operations.
- Excellent disposition and communication within department, internal, and external partners.
- Experience working in North America and with Amazon as well as general mass, convenience, and pharmacy Retailers preferred but not required.
- Highly proficient in collaboration tools, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.