PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you want to join a team committed to personalizing the PlayStation experience for millions of users? The work we do delivers impactful insights to build an increasingly dynamic and interactive experience! The Staff Machine Learning Engineer within the cloud-engineering group will deliver optimize interactions across PlayStation experiences and systems by designing, coding, training, documenting, cost-effectively deploying and evaluating very large-scale machine learning systems.
We are looking for someone who can build delightful products and experiences for millions, in an agile environment, collaborating with teams-across Engineering, Product and Design. Further, you will mentor in ML technologies, tools and processes, as you help to advance our technical objectives and architectural initiatives.
Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
- Design and develop supervised classification, ranking, and estimation systems.
- Design and configure A/B system testing, and perform evaluation of performance.
- Design and analyze large-scale streamed Big data pipelines.
- Design and run offline experiments to gauge effectiveness of metrics.
- Prototype productionizable data science solutions for business problems.
- Identify and extract information from huge amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Coordinate between product managers and engineers to identify efficient solutions.
- Develop a better understanding of service availability issues and leverage data to build a prediction system.
- Perform in-depth root-cause analyses and configure data visualizations.
- Automate issue detection and resolution processes.
- MS with a specialization in machine learning and hypothesis testing.
- 7+ years of work experience in designing and analyzing machine learning-based solutions that ideally include: recommender systems, personalization, forecasting, conversational systems, outlier detection, and hypothesis testing.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with tech stacks such as Spark, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus.
- Experience with machine learning tools such as MLlib, Tensorflow, and scikit-learn.
- Experience system distributed cloud-based environments, such as AWS.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.