PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Media Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Media Project Manager is responsible for supporting cross-functional marketing projects and initiatives within the Global Media team. This role will facilitate and prioritize our global ways of working to ensure media is in-market on time for every campaign. You will collaborate with a variety of partners including brand marketing, finance, creative, regional media teams and our media agency. Successful candidates will seek efficiencies in processes and platforms, as well as ensuring timely delivery of outcomes at scale.
SIE is rethinking Digital Marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and recently launched an in-house digital media buying team. You will establish global process to ensure efficient and consistent campaign development happens across agency and in-house teams. This individual will support in-house billing and ad operations.
If you are collaborative, driven and solutions-focused, with ability to proactively identify and solve problems to ensure detailed campaign execution, this is a phenomenal role for you!
- Project manage campaign execution across the globe to ensure process milestones are met and all global territories have localized creative ready to be in-market on time.
- Consolidate and coordinate documentation, processes, timelines, standard methodologies, and other resources in a central global repository.
- Collaborate with other team members and departments to build and improve use of tools/technologies, processes, and communication.
- Contribute to budget management processes, end of month reporting to finance, handle budget transfers, and liaise with internal teams and sourcing as required.
- Lead coordinating and tracking of POs for internally purchased media.
- Work with legal on contracts required for in-house media purchasing.
- Translate business objectives into trackable media performance metrics for ongoing campaign measurement and optimization.
- Support QA of all global ad creative assets including alignment to taxonomy, naming conventions, and delivery workflow.
- Support the Global Media Planning and Performance teams with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent preferred
- 7-8 years of experience within media agency environment or in-house
- Advanced knowledge in using tools, systems, and processes for successful end-to-end project management from kick off to completion
- Strong project management, documentation, and communication
- Consistent track record managing projects with large budgets, complex strategies, and driving quantifiable results for established brands with a high volume of campaigns
- Shown success working on a global brand or account
- Experience with budget management and working within finance and PO systems
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications
- Knowledge of ad serving systems and advertising tracking technologies
- A strong understanding of digital media
- An informed, critical point of view on the pre-campaign setup process required to deliver campaign success
- In-depth knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, etc.
- Proficient in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
Candidate Preferred Qualities:
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Ad operations related certifications (IAB, DV360/DoubleClick, Facebook Buying Professional)
- Strong leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of most recent global privacy legislation, such as: GDPR, CCPA, COPPA and more
- Cross-channel media strategy: the skills to connect programmatic, search and social media plans to larger Sony Media objectives
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
- Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical priorities
- Process-focused with the ability to clearly define, implement, and manage globally scalable processes for a new and growing team
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change!
- Strong interest in video games and entertainment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.