PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Media Strategy Lead - Live Services & eCommerce
San Mateo, CA
We are thrilled to bring on a new Global Media Strategy Lead, Live Services & eCommerce. This individual will have a strategic and visible role within SIE's growing Global Marketing Department, responsible for developing and leading global media investment strategy for Live Services & eCommerce. In addition, they will also specialize in direct response and performance media, with occasional consulting/partnership for the Store & Services team.
Collaborating and supporting the Senior Manager, this person will be creating media strategies that deliver direct response ROI-driven campaigns which will also ladder into the business’ larger goals across verticals, and supporting our master brand strategies. If you love the art of marketing and the science of attribution, this phenomenal role is for you!
You will be encouraged to deliver strategies that drive cost efficient acquisition, innovation that delivers maximum performance, and guide the Live Services and eCommerce team through the constantly evolving media landscape.
You will also assist in delivery of media strategies for plans that cover the full spectrum of paid media channels. While an in-depth knowledge of digital media is required to perform this role, it is equally critical that you combine this expertise with data-led analysis and creative thinking on a regional basis, and that any market-level recommendations within the strategy are tuned to each region’s media marketplace and consumer behaviors. As this is a new and growing team, you will have an excellent opportunity to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new insights over multiple areas or functions related to media!
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Media Strategy & Analysis:
- Supporting the development of global media strategy for Live Services & eCommerce; helping to recommend critical metrics; crafting & executing innovative, insight-led, meaningful media strategies
- Partner with Senior Manager, Media Strategy in support of the Live Service & eCommerce Marketing teams & assist with key marketing functions to develop robust global media briefs
- Collaborate with the in-house PlayStation Media Planning & Activation team to ensure that media plans fully embody the media strategy, and that, across fixed and fluid media channels, audiences and objectives are planned holistically always with an emphasis on demand generated, ROAS, and cost efficient performance
- Assist in providing Territory teams (internal & agency) with the globally consistent strategic vision & locally relevant implementation recommendation to guide the creation of localized media plans
- Support, coordinate, and collate impactful campaign reporting and analysis to partners, combining insights and data from external and internal media buying teams to establish opportunities for optimization at a regular cadence
- Work closely with creative teams & agencies to advise development of the right content and creative assets for different audiences and platforms
- Help develop and drive insight from PCA’s to improve and optimize future media campaigns to deliver stronger return on investment for the business
Key Performance Indicators:
- Support growing the global Media team’s impact on PlayStation’s global business, as measured by a blend of brand metrics, return on investments/return on assets & performance metrics (e.g. effective cost per lead, demand generated, high value customer segments reach), business goals, and partner feedback
- Ability to keep a broad base of partners aligned to the approved media strategies during campaign planning and execution, evaluate success of the media campaign, and pro-actively suggest optimizations
- Ability to innovate campaigns in partnership with all key partners
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Economics is preferred.
Required and Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in media planning or strategy, with experience developing successful global media campaigns preferred
- Digital e-commerce, subscription, consumer lifecycle & performance marketing expertise required
- Experience working with large agency relationships preferred
- Experience in working in global / regional roles preferred
- Proven expertise in digital media strategy and execution
Candidate Preferred Qualities:
Ideal candidate attributes
- Advertising specialist, particularly direct response – understands driving demand, mental availability, and converting consideration into purchase action
- Strategic problem solver, with the ability to clearly articulate and implement plans
- Strong digital acumen – understanding of the role of emerging platforms in media landscape
- Ability to use sophisticated analysis to make decisions
- Talent for collaborating with internal and external teams
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude
- Does not settle for the status quo, challenges and leads change in a positive way
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect significant change
- An awesome teammate who works collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.