PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Analyst (Digital Analytics and Monetization)
San Mateo, CA
*Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
As Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to help third party partners drive engagement and revenue on the PlayStation platform, our Digital Analytics and Monetization team is looking for a talented analyst. You will utilize your deep passion and knowledge of video games in order to empower publishers and developers through platform-level insights and recommendations.
The team needs a self-starter based out of the San Mateo office who can lead projects ranging from advising on DLC/MTX content models to helping publishers understand platform level consumer behavior trends. The ideal candidate will drive and support leadership regarding all strategy and data-driven aspects of the group, including:
- Crafting narratives for how PlayStation can help publishers optimize game-level engagement and revenue for third party publishers
- Drawing insights from a combination of deep video game knowledge and user analytics data which would allow publishers understand how to engage/re-engage/monetize players
- Querying data and creating methodologies to complete industry-shaping publisher projects that will drive revenue and engagement
- Supporting and presenting executive-level insights to internal teams and external publishers in an easy to follow way
- A passion and familiarity with console/PC games with high level of intellectual curiosity about the industry
- 2+ years of experience writing queries in SQL and using other reporting tools to put together reports and analysis
- Familiarity with web analytics software such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- High level of proactivity as this role will necessitate following up with multiple stakeholders and tracking down vital information for the broader team
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with data mining, machine learning or statistical modeling is desirable
- Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry a plus but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.