PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to become part of IT Applications team, that manages a wide array of enterprise applications globally. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to build both in-depth technical skills and an ability to develop outstanding client-facing skills. The role will primarily focus on playing with application data, identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of sophisticated data sets and present forward-looking insights and recommendations to the business.
- Successfully own data analytics projects and/or lead significant subsets of larger initiatives
- Work closely with business partners and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver meaningful insights to decision-makers
- Apply sophisticated business analytics principles to identify, analyze, interpret patterns in complex data sets; use story telling techniques to present insights and influence department activities/direction
- Develop and maintain creative, rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating reporting components from multiple data sources
- Respond to ad hoc analysis requests and investigate data inconsistencies
- Develop schemas by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources; build solutions to make data extraction and evaluation more flexible or scalable
- Evaluate internal systems for inefficiency and inaccuracies, develop and maintain protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning large quantities of data
- Will require flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Highly independent technical leader with regular interaction and influence outside of IT Apps
- Mentors and trains other staff
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- At least 8 years of experience with proven skills including data mining, analysis and visualization
- 5+ years of experience working extensively with MySQL or Snowflake
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau, Power BI or other data visualization tools
- Possesses demonstrated proficiency in SQL skills
- Solid experience with data manipulation using languages like Python or R
- Comfortable with database development, data migration & integration techniques
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including reports and presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.