PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more, directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this online platform for physical goods, we are looking for an experienced Engineering manager who can own key areas, define the engineering vision and build the future state. You have previously built and led strong teams of hardworking engineers and you enjoy working with exceptional people. You will be responsible for your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance contending priorities.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and encouraging a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support best-in-class software that are always available to provide the best experience for our customers.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Handle day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology. Prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- Develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of PlayStation.
- 10+ years of experience in Software development
- 6+ years of experience in Adobe Experience Manager and related Adobe products.
- 6+ years of experience in front end web application development.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- Experience delivering powerful features such as multi-site and multi-channel delivery, personalization/targeting, content aggregation & syndication, multi-lingual support, automated workflow management, social media etc.
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience in deploying, operating, and running software in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.