PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test, Contract (Madison, WI)
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
Our established team in Madison, WI is currently looking for a Contract SDET. We apply web technologies to the core user experience on the web, PlayStation®5 and beyond, which millions of customers around the world interact with daily. The ideal candidate will come from an object-oriented development background and be passionate about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams in California, Japan, and Europe.
- Own building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
- Drive testing of complex projects across multiple-teams and fields. Evaluates gaps in Testing and drives solutions to write high quality automation to increase Test coverage.
- Partner with developers to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
- Write automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
- Work effectively to build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, develop visualization tools and evangelize them with various QA teams.
- Passionate about Quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage within the teams.
- Mentor other team members and provide technical leadership by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and provide measurable feedback.
- Communicate on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least four years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience writing command-line scripts using either Node.js or similar
- Experience developing or testing mobile apps
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
- Experience creating testing frameworks
- Experience writing code in Python
- Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
- Experience with configuring CI pipelines such as Jenkins
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for robust code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.