PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
As a Staff Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a global scale.
You will be expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward software projects.
You have shown solid leadership, leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will use Agile/Scrum methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You have proficient oral and written skills and are able to collaborate with a diverse group of people that have a broad range of technical skills. You can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority! Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- Owning the project timeline, task assignments, and leading schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
- Applying knowledge for improvement of existing PMO process
- Candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
- Handle all phases of program from kick-off to market delivery
- Specialist in understanding of all related pieces of program & how they fit together
- 8+ years’ experience working in a program/project management capacity in a software development environment.
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum, in addition to Waterfall.
- Portfolio management experience at enterprise level
- Expert level experience with JIRA and confluence- ability to create custom dashboards, and understanding of how to manage as a source of truth
- Experience with Release Planning; specifically working with business partners to prioritize projects while also working with resource managers to understand capacity for set releases as desired.
- Motivated, organized self-starter exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and make good, timely decisions
- Must demonstrate effective leadership in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Must drive strategic decision making with senior cross- functional team worldwide.
- Readily identifies platform and program risks and puts in place mitigating factors and communication plans.
- Ability to streamline program updates to partners with appropriate level of detail and drive alignment at Executive level
- Experienced in mentoring junior team member and contributing to the continued improvement of the program management organization
- Experience in digital retail software and/or gaming industry is desired
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.