PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Security Operations Engineer is a member of the Security Operations Code and Tools team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). The primary responsibility of this role is to support Security Monitoring and Alerting. This responsibility includes maximizing visibility for the SOC and SIRT. The Engineer will also support the deployment of new security technologies that will enhance the overall security visibility of SIE. This role is highly technical and requires a solid understanding of security principles and how they to apply them to an enterprise environment.
- Work closely other Engineers and Programmers to execute roadmaps for the SOCAT Team
- Understanding and implementing governance, risk and compliance requirements
- Thoroughly document technical designs and processes
- Take initiative in identifying gaps and creating plans for remediation
- Be a technical escalation point for other members of the team
- Provide training to the team on new security related topics
- Participates in an on-call rotation for 24x7 support of SIEM
- Make sound reasonable decisions on complex technical security questions
- Other duties that assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent industry experience (8+ years)
- Have extensive experience in implementing security in Cloud environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the latest attack methods and mitigation strategies
- Expert Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
- Strong knowledge implementing security in a DevOps pipeline
- Demonstrate experience in automation through scripting
- Excellent independent problem solving experience
- Solid understanding of Scripting (Python, shell scripting)
- Proficiency with Splunk
- Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
- Past experience of creating security policies and procedures
- Direct senior level experience with security infrastructure engineering in hosted environments
- Direct senior level experience in securing cloud-based environments.
- Familiarity with Splunk Enterprise Security
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.