PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Commercial Finance Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Commercial Finance Manager will be responsible for strategic and commercial financial work supporting delivery of Worldwide Studios Strategy with a focus on M&A and growth into new business models. We are looking for a candidate that brings knowledge of and experience in gaming industry into the role gained either in other gaming companies or consulting roles. The role will also provide commercial finance support to any projects resulting from execution of WWS strategy (e.g., M&A activity or external contracting). Given the dynamic nature of the role responsibilities described below, additional duties may be assigned. The Commercial Finance Manager will report to Commercial Finance Director of Worldwide Studios and be based out of San Mateo, CA.
- Complex valuation and providing finance support to M&A deals
- Active involvement in developing and shaping up Worldwide Studios strategy by performing business and finance analysis, translating strategy into financial outcomes
- Support WWS in defining business models for the key strategic initiatives including Live Services
- Performing complex data analysis and translating them into insights and findings as well as storytelling-style presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Create and own complex financial models to support key strategic initiatives and decisions
- Staying apprised of broader industry developments and key business metrics
- Performing financial analysis and preparing materials supporting business decision making on business opportunities (e.g. new external projects, strategic partnerships and M&A deals)
- Finance support in the external contracting process, ensuring value promised is translated into contracts
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for leadership team
- Perform research to identify new business opportunities to support Worldwide Studios’ business expansion into new models
- Perform industry research and benchmarking analysis of the gaming industry
- Lead and manage improvement projects within WWS Finance
- Experience in gaming industry and/or in consulting is a must!
- BA/BS in business, strategy, finance, economics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- At least 7 years of strategy, commercial finance (valuations, modelling, market analysis, contracting) and/or business development experience
- Self-starter, showing initiative and ability to work independently
- Passion and energy for working in gaming industry
- Ability and willingness to do detailed work and complex financial analysis
- Ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.