PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
Our team is seeking a driven, ambitious, and energetic Program Manager to lead various programs to enable, expand and improve the commerce platform for the Sony PlayStation Network. These programs will span multiple projects, teams, locations, breakthroughs and deliverables. The Program Manager will work closely with Product Managers and Engineering to help plan and track projects from inception through deployment at a global scale.
We are passionate about Sony PlayStation and we live for our customers. You should possess an inner drive to deliver excellence; a consistent track record to win others over and lead effectively; a desire to grow, learn, and improve; and will demonstrate a passion for life and work that encourages others.
You will be Responsible for:
As a Program Manager in our Commerce area, you will be responsible for leading projects within our Global Payments, Tax and Fraud Area. This role will require an experienced Program Manager to drive new programs and services to the next level. As a key partner to our Product Management and Engineering teams the candidate will develop and maintain positive relationships with internal partners, technical leaders and business owners to deliver on strategic organizational initiatives.
Our Global Commerce Program Management team is responsible for monetization including digital retail, payment processing, risk decisioning, vouchers, and promotions for our global platform so our millions of consumers can purchase games easily and securely through our PlayStation platform. This role requires someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable and innovative solutions. The successful candidate will have exemplary program management skills; not only with regards to process and documentation but also in terms of communication skills and organizational agility. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
- Develop the overall program plan; definition and agreement on scope, track success criteria, key landmarks, and project timelines.
- Determine key dependencies; technical, process and people.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the plan.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities required to deliver a great solution on time.
- Facilitate meetings and coordinate/follow up on action items.
- Deliver transparent status updates to all partners.
- Provide leadership by example; develop and share standard methodologies across the team.
- Identify areas for process improvement and initiate improvements.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum Education/Experience thresholds
- 4+ years project/program management with at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of related experience with a Master’s degree
- Special dispensation for candidates with 3+ years of experience in the payments, streaming, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry
- 1+ years of that dedicated to running large software programs; basic knowledge of ecommerce.
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Excellent executive presence and communication skills across all levels of internal partners.
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a global organization.
- Keen reader of people, culture and situations to take control and make things happen.
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Recognize and initiate critical issues.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc…).
- Solid understanding of agile software development, and release processes.
- Proven track record of solving routine and complicated problems effectively and independently.
- Previous experience in an e-Commerce environment
- Global Payments related experience (PSD2/3DS2)
- Vendor management experience
- SAFe knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com)
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certifications
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills helpful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.