PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Data Journalist
San Mateo, CA
As a Data Journalist on the Product Data Science team, you will be an ambassador of data science to high-impact stakeholders throughout the company by translating technical information and findings into understandable language. You will be responsible for creating accurate compelling stories to drive behavioral change and customer experience across channels in order to improve user experience, increase engagement, and drive personalization on our platform.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand and define modeling and analytic requirements and translate business problems into questions that data science can answer
- Work closely with a team of data scientists on key initiatives by identifying important stories and communicating insights to the business
- Create impactful visuals, narratives, and storytelling to develop compelling presentations for technical and non-technical stakeholders that describe models and provide insights
- Create aesthetic dashboards and reports to regularly communicate insights derived from model development and validation, experimental results, and ad-hoc deep dives
- Communicate model quality by analyzing model results, quantifying model impact, and identifying bias
- Visualize results from experiments to evaluate performance and communicate results
- Advocate for data-centric thinking within marketing, product management, engineering, and other stakeholders
- 3+ years of professional experience in data-driven visualization and storytelling
- Ability to reduce technical approaches and complex findings into simple and compelling narratives for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience creating visualizations and storytelling to effectively communicate data, model results, and insights that drive change
- Ability to balance art and science
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with stakeholders
- Experience working in a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Obsession with data quality and accuracy
- Experience manipulating and visualizing large, complex, high-dimensional data
- Extensive experience with data visualization tools and libraries such as ggplot2, altair, seaborn, Highcharts, or D3
- Experience building web apps and dashboards using Shiny, Django, or Tableau
- Strong proficiency in SQL and either R or Python
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.