PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test - Audio
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Do you want the opportunity to learn about and contribute to the most successful gaming platform of all time? We are seeking a motivated individual to analyze and test the audio technology used to create truly immersive Playstation games. Join our team at Sony R&D to work on validating the Playstation SDK, implement automated testing and improve development QA operations. If this interests you, please apply!
- Develop manual and automated tests for the Playstation SDK and products.
- Work with senior engineers to understand feature development and create test cases that exercise specifications, edge-cases and increase test coverage.
- Continuously test, monitor, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize SDK components through testing activities.
- Develop new tools, methodologies, techniques, and metrics to improve operations.
- Proficient knowledge and practical development experience with C/C++ and Python.
- Passion to learn new technologies, work on sophisticated challenges and produce innovative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a related field.
- Research experience with spatial audio technologies: HRTF, binaural audio.
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing concepts in the audio domain.
- Familiarity with game engines like Unreal or Unity and game consoles hardware Playstation and Xbox.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.