PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr C++ Software Development Engineer in Test (TM)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Are you a motivated and creative individual who enjoys investigating new technologies? If so we have a great career opportunity! We seek a motivated engineer with a background in software testing. Here, you will validate and innovate PlayStation's groundbreaking software products. This is an opportunity to utilize your programming skills in C++ and Python while working on the most sophisticated gaming platform available. If this is you, please apply!
- Own manual and automated test development for PlayStation® SDK libraries.
- Team up with developers to ensure test coverage and build test plans that help deliver high quality features.
- Improve coverage by crafting test cases and test codes for audio API.
- Debug, analyze, and report issues through test operation and verify bug fixes.
- Maintain and improve existing CI framework, build CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, and develop visualization tools for reporting test results and trends.
- Create documents for test plan, test design, test report, and be accountable for the test activities and share with project members.
- Research and develop new tools, methodologies, techniques, and test metrics to improve our test processes.
- Solid experience writing manual and automation test programs in C++ and Python.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience developing and executing test plans and test cases, also crafting automation frameworks and test suites for software libraries.
- Passionate about quality and strive to improve the test process, propose the innovative methodology and drive their usage within the teams.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Version control solutions, such as SVN and GIT, and development in Windows environment.
- Exposure to CI development using Jenkins.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent knowledge.
Nice to have:
- Software development and testing experience on audio systems, audio libraries, or audio signal processing.
- Development and debugging tools experience on both Linux and Windows.
- Exposure to PlayStation® development.
- Familiarity with agile software development process and tools.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.