PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a talented senior software engineer seeking to push the boundaries of cloud gaming. As part of the Hardware and Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design of cutting-edge technology powering PlayStation Now and other cloud-based services. As Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to shape the design of innovative hardware and software technology with a team of other talented engineers. You will have broad exposure to Linux / BSD systems and a wide variety of CPU, storage and network technologies.
Never a dull day, this position offers a healthy mix of development and research projects, ensuring that work is both challenging and rewarding. An ideal candidate has a strong vision for the future, enjoys tackling challenging problems and takes great pride in overcoming them.
- Hold team to a high standard of code quality
- Driving technical architecture and execution
- Design and develop robust modular systems
- Troubleshoot performance and reliability issues at a global scale
- BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 10+ years of combined experience in C/C++ and/or Rust/Python
- 10+ years of experience in low-level Linux / BSD systems programming
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional C/C++/Rust programming and development skills
- Strong Python programming and development skills
- Strong debugging / analysis / troubleshooting skills
- Linux and/or FreeBSD user/kernel space
- Networking and interprocess communication
- Experience with distributed systems architecture
- Git version control
- Ability to seek out and evaluate new technologies / frameworks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with software-as-a-service
- Project and people management experience is a plus
- Active contributor to open-source projects is a plus
- Understanding of Japanese language and culture is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to build an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.