PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
GBO Strategy Manager
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of GBO Strategy Manager. Global Business Operations (GBO) is the Sales & Operations division of SIE. The GBO Strategies & Initiatives team resides within GBO and is tasked with planning and advising strategic business initiatives within the organization based on the priorities of the organization's leader.
This is an exciting and ambitious role with the opportunity to influence the GBO organization and SIE as a whole. This person is expected to bring research and analytics, strategic problem solving, and strong communication skills to the team. Having a consistent record of accomplishment in business planning, analysis and modeling is vital.
- Generating sophisticated analyses and scenario planning for executive recommendation and decision-making
- Evaluating new business models, as well as making recommendations on how to optimize existing business opportunities
- Generating, synthesizing and analyzing relevant research reports to advise on mid and long-term strategy
- Partnering with internal & external stakeholders to identify business opportunities and inform long-term strategy
- Supporting central initiatives with meticulous data analysis
- Analyzing and interpreting large business intelligence data sets to discover key insights to drive business objectives
- Generating ad-hoc internal analysis and Power Point presentations, optimizing for salient information and flow
- Assisting in research of overall industry trends and qualitative/quantitative competitive analysis
- At least 10 years of strategic planning, management consulting, or investment banking experience
- Experience performing research and data analysis to develop business strategy and plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and executive presence
- Advanced financial & managerial model building
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure to meet fixed deadlines
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work and lead projects independently
- Ability to multi-task and lead multiple projects at one time with constantly evolving priorities based on business needs
- Proactive, able to self-start, pitch and manage relevant projects with minimal direction
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA or equivalent degree strongly preferred
- Passion for video games
- Experience in mobile gaming
- Tech, gaming or related industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.