PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a Data Engineer role with technical leadership responsibilities in the Data Platform Engineering group, responsible for development of PlayStation Network’s Data Platform and Analytics solutions. We are looking for a seasoned Data Engineer with a strong background in AWS, software development, and automation skills to build best-in-class scalable, highly available data warehouse solutions to enable our fast-growing business through data and insights.
- You will play a senior role in design, development, automation, and quality related solutions, working closely with teams across PlayStation.
- This position requires extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure within the AWS ecosystem, along with excellent communication skills.
- You will be part of a team building data and software solutions to reshape the platform so that it can easily be consumed in real-time as well as batch.
- You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvement.
- Mentor junior engineers to ensure we all deliver awesome!
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in software development using Java, Scala or Python programming, design, and analysis.
- Experience with distributed processing systems such as Apache Spark.
- Experience in distributed Database technology such as Redshift/Snowflake,
- Experience with AWS Big Data technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Firehose, Dynamo DB, Athena/Presto.
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services.
- Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design.
- Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.