PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Game Engine Programmer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Pixelopus at PlayStation HQ has a great opportunity for a Game Engine Programmer. We seek a specialist to architect, implement, and modify runtime and tools features of Pixelopus’ engine technology. Here, you will have the opportunity to work with next-gen hardware. You will write and optimize code with a heavy focus on usability, maintainability and real-time performance. If you enjoy working with content creators to bring their artistic and systemic visions of the game to life please apply!
- Architects and implements game engine and pipeline technology based on technical and artistic needs, taking advantage of next-gen hardware
- Maintains and updates existing systems for increased functionality, memory efficiency, and performance
- Develops familiarity with hardware details, their capabilities and performance bottlenecks
- Works independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Crafts comprehensive memory and performance budgets for the team.
- Documents technical implementation details
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technological developments and advancements
- Supplies innovative and original ideas
- Advises and mentors other programmers across the studio
- Independently recognizes opportunities to improve game systems, tools, engine or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with C, C++, and assembly programming. Experience with Unreal Engine 4, and PlayStation SDK. Experience working with analytical tools like PIX, Razor CPU/GPU, Telemetry, and other debugging software. Ability to use common workplace software like Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Communication Skills: Ability to translate artistic requirements into technical design, as well as explain relevant technical details to users of implemented technology. Ability to give and receive feedback in a thoughtful and professional manner. Write clear and concise user documentation.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Apply knowledge of game development relevant technical concepts, including, but not limited to, linear algebra, rendering pipelines and rendering, streaming, serialization, memory management, multi-threading, character animation.
- Education and/or Experience: Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or six years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.