PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a Manager, Web Engineering to build, lead, and scale SIE’s Global Marketing Web Engineering team, responsible for the PlayStation.com platform. This role will lead the development of new features and capabilities that allow us to create personalized, relevant and interactive experiences on the web to drive consumer engagement and help grow multiple areas of the business. This position will play a vital role in crafting and evolving the way we connect with our players across the globe as we prepare to launch PlayStation 5. Our ideal candidate will bring technical gravitas, thought leadership, and a passion for technology. We are looking for a high-performing Engineering Manager that has extensive experience with large-scale content management and e-commerce implementations, as well the demonstrated ability to lead a team of technologists with varying levels of experience.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead a team of high performing AEM developers, both internal and external, to expertly design, build, deliver, and operate high quality software that delights our customers.
- Foster a strong partnership and collaboration with SIE’s Platform Engineering team to help drive technical recommendations across the wider community of developers.
- Manage governance and best practices to ensure we maintain a common (stable) code base across all dev resources working on the PS.com platform, including parts of the business that will integrate with the platform (like Customer Support).
- Work together with the Sr. Manager of Web Engineering and necessary Product Owners to plan and execute project(s), ensuring that the team has appropriate product and technical specifications, to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that project remains on target to meet deadlines.
- Work Closely with Architect in solution design all elements of the implementation.
- Collaborate with Front-end UI/Design, QA teams
- Hire, coach, goal-set, and aid the professional development of engineers.
- Inspire and motivate the team, fostering healthy team dynamics and cohesion.
- BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field. You must show a combination of technical skills, leadership skills, and a strong product development background.
- At least 6+ years of strong Web Content Management development experience with Adobe AEM 6.X, implementing at least three full cycle AEM projects and a minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in a software development organization.
- Strong understanding of Adobe products and their integrations, like Scene7/Dynamic Media or S&P, with AEM and ecommerce sites.
- Designed and built components, templates, dialogs, and workflows using the AEM architecture.
- Experience working/leading a team of both Onsite/Offshore developers i.e., FTE and Vendor resources.
- Familiar with frontend technologies such as Node, PHP, Angular, React, or similar.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Must possess a deep understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with both technical team members and business process owners.
- Working for a global brand a plus
- E-commerce experience a plus
- Jira and/or Wrike experience is a plus.
- Experience with Target, and/or Adobe Analytics is preferred.
- Understanding of non-relational databases like MongoDB.
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.