PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Data Scientist – Global Payments & Fraud Management
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Global Payment and Fraud Management (GPFM) teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation® Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
SIE has just launched a next generation risk platform and machine learning framework that support the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, world class PlayStation® consoles, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation® Now. In doing so, the ability to extract information from data and drive action that help achieve business goals is essential. GPFM’s Data Science team is responsible for evaluating online user activity data for potential fraud across this new platform. Our job is to provide quantitative assessments of all customers and identify those individuals who pose the most risk to our businesses. We are currently looking for a high-caliber individual to join our team to demonstrate the benefits of being data driven for the Global Fraud Management, Global Payments and Account Security Teams.
- The candidate will exemplify leadership qualities including, but not limited to, exploring new, cutting edge statistical techniques, serve as a go-to person for both immediate team and external partners, and own the quality of Data Science work.
- Drive Data Science innovation using advanced techniques to maximize illustration of data driven decision making. Optimize use of developed Machine-Learning algorithms in conjunction with other aspects of decision making (rules, other events, other ml scores, etc.)
- Experience with Data Science pipeline implementation solutions using state of the art technology for large scale, low latency, production grade systems.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of AWS tools, offerings, technologies, and design options
- Work as a liaison between teams (Engineering/ML) in Europe and teams locally (Data/Engineering/ML)
- Comfortable being self-sufficient while owning large scale data science/engineering projects from start to finish.
- Serve as a mentor of those within the team needing DS guidance as well as those we partner with interested in learning more about the art of Data Science.
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Machine Learning or other related fields and a minimum of 12 years related work experience.
- 10+ years working with statistical modeling techniques (Regression, CHAID, Neural Networks, Cluster Analysis, RFs, XGBs, etc.) required.
- 10+ years’ experience doing hands-on statistical analysis with some understanding of a statistical programming package such as SAS/SPSS/R/Python/Java/other is required.
- 10+ years involvement in data science solution implementation within customer impacting production solutions.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.