PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Content Manager (Competitive Gaming)
San Mateo, CA
Competitive Gaming is an exciting and burgeoning space within the landscape of gaming. As one of the leaders of the gaming industry, PlayStation is focused on the esports business both regionally as a part of the strategic outlook on the future of gaming. The Associate Content Manager will be a key member of this initiative, heavily responsible in execution but will have opportunity to contribute to the overall content strategy. This position will focus on managing the distribution of content across the portfolio including own PlayStation as well as our 3rd party partner channels. This will include managing relationships as well as inventory to match our messages the appropriate audience, measure performance and contribute to adapting strategy on the overall content creation pipeline.
- Manage distribution of content to first and 3rd party channels from 1st draft through approvals and distribution.
- Maintain content marketing calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Actively monitor iterative feedback process with 3rd party partners and shepherd critical information to relevant parties in a timely, well documented fashion.
- Collect and leverage analytics data to present improvements to content tactics with the goal of driving increase traffic and awareness to content and related programs.
- Cooperate with marketing and web analytics teams to track performance of content, overall traffic to platform website and report on findings.
- Manage esports relations with internal departments and regions, specifically, working closely with marketing, promotions, corporate communications and publisher relations in order to ensure success of content delivery in a timely fashion.
- Identify and facilitate relationships with our partners to collaborate on co-marketing initiatives. Extend reach and awareness of competitive gaming initiatives across multiple channels.
- Advocate for the product offerings and benefits our programs provide to our partners to pursue actively expanding inventory to distribute content.
- At least 3+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- Knowledge of the competitive gaming landscape
- Strong ability to network with partners and publishers within the competitive gaming space
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills across multiple mediums and audiences
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail
- An ability to see the larger goals while executing on details in your every day
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.