PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Security Operations Engineer is a member of the Security Engineering team at PlayStation. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the security framework that is integrated into the PlayStation platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring security needs are met. The Engineer will also test out new technologies and present proposals on integrating these tools that will enhance the overall security posture of SIE. This is highly technical role and requires a solid understanding of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
- Review and improve cloud based DevSecOps processes and tools
- Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers in the public cloud.
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
- Implement a tools driven and highly automated approach to deliver secure key management processes by maximizing use of existing toolsets
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks which seamlessly integrate into code builds and deployments
- Assist and train team members in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Lead cloud DevSecOps engineering integrations with platforms such as SPLUNK ES, Palo Alto Prisma suite, and other cloud centric security tools
- Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to enable action based events and triggers
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable us to operate at high speed and wide scale
- Evaluate security technologies for cloud environments in order to implement controls in the most streamlined and integrated manner
- Deploy automated security solutions for cloud delivery processes
- Deploy compliance solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container, microservices and serverless technologies
- Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Develop & deploy automated solutions to secure cloud development processes
- Craft and evangelize secure cloud platform & product requirements
- Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Stay ahead of security industry trends
- Participates in an on-call rotation for 24x7 support of security operations
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent industry experience (8+ years)
- Extensive experience in cloud based DDoS protection services such as AWS Advanced Shield, Imperva Incapsula and Akamai
- Proven understanding of AWS (or other Cloud providers) including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Extensive Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps environments and maintaining security in CI/CD processes
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
- Knowledge of AWS automation strategies and tools
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns, issues to other teams
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining security procedures
- Proficient in AWS CLI/API, Bash, and Python
- Experience in virtualization, Cloud Formation, Python in building hybrid cloud models with security layered in for groups, policies is critical for an individual's hands-on expertise.
- Real time scalability and highly available solutions using functions like Lambda, AWS Auto Scaling and Cloud Formations.
- Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
- Direct senior level experience with security infrastructure engineering in hosted environments
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.