PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Electrical Engineer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
If defining and building the future of how people will play resonates with you then keep reading because you might have what we need...
We are currently searching for a Staff Electrical Engineer that will help us drive our Peripherals R&D activities.
If you like to:
- Drive electrical engineering technical direction for peripherals projects in areas such as wireless technologies, embedded interfaces (USB, I2S, I2C, SPI, etc.), DSP for audio and motion capture applications, among others.
- Be accountable for all aspects of an electronics' design from architecture through to mass production including vendor selection, discussion with internal partners, software architecture and use cases
- Work on full spectrum tasks from exploratory designs and new technologies to production tasks.
- Design and/or review schematics, layout, assembly, prototypes, and production.
- Research and implement new ideas and concepts for PlayStation Peripherals.
- Take ownership of production schedules and define the work you and the team are working on.
- Present updates and raise risks to other teams and partners in order to avoid potential impacts to the projects.
- Work as both a specialist and team contributor
- Collaborate with other team members to push the boundaries of Play!
Then you are definitely in the right place to play!
- Experience crafting a consumer electronic device
- At least one commercially delivered consumer product (from concept to post production)
- Experience as a team lead with ODM/JDM/OEM programs, including international collaborations
- Consistent record of continuous growth and learning
- At least 10 years of total experience in the EE and/or a Master's in EE or related field
- Lead or architect for multiple commercially delivered products
- Experience with multiple aspects including architecture, evaluation, validation, bring-up, cost optimization (including firmware work)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including documentation
- Proficient in low power design methodology
- Japanese and/or Chinese business culture familiarity
- Enjoy playing video games
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.