PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo or San Diego, CA
The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
Do you want to be a part of an evolving department?
The right candidate will possess a strong project management background and will have proven experience leading enterprise projects. You are able to thrive and succeed in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of globally-distributed collaborators, and not be hindered by ambiguity. Our goal is to provide clear communications and organizational agility. We like to have fun while we work, you should too!
- Assist with annual SOX scoping, materiality calculation, risk assessment, and fraud risk assessment to ensure compliance with COSO standards and SOX regulations.
- Coordinate, perform, and assess the phases of a controls audit both internally with process owners and externally with auditors. Provide direct assistance to facilitate an efficient audit.
- Train and educate employees company-wide on internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Support other financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Evaluate whether company risks are identified and minimized, acceptable internal processes are followed, corporate resources are used efficiently and economically and the organization’s objectives are efficiently achieved.
- Develop internal audit scope and plans to acquire, analyze, and evaluate processes. Prepare and present audit reports which identify deficiencies and share risk aversion methods.
- Understand the Sony organization and develop relationships to provide beneficial solutions and best-practices.
- Represent the internal audit department on company initiatives and special projects.
- Assist management with enterprise risk assessment and annual audit plan development.
- Contribute to internal department initiatives, such as training and development, updates to internal audit policies and procedures and other internal projects.
- Play a role in delivering a data analytics centered approach by using data driven analytics to identify and deliver risk based audit results with impact to senior management.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and at least 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting and/or the design or assessment of internal controls
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm and/or reputable public company internal audit or accounting department
- Previous exposure to assessing finance processes and IT systems for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Knowledge of standard business processes (Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Order to Cash) and associated controls
- Experience with data visualization software, such as QlikSense
- Willingness to work in a hands-on, dynamic, and evolving environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills to all partner levels , with an ability to frame status and recommendations
- Work independently and/or remotely with minimal direction
- Travel up to 25%
- Experience in applying data analytics to the arena of audit, such as the design and development of data analytics tools or experience performing and reporting data analytics is preferred
- Experience with SAP S-4 Hana ERP, preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.