PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Who is a PlayStation Product Designer?
You are equal parts prototyper and artist. You are a systems thinker with a keen eye for details, able to put concepts into practice through rapid prototyping, both high and low fidelity. You never take a step forward without testing, research, and capturing insights. And you are not afraid to play with the unknown!
You crave the opportunity to influence the experience of millions of players in the best game platform in the world. You are a collaborator who can work hand in hand with a cross-functional team of outstanding Art Directors, Designers, Engineers, and Business Partners to ideate, communicate and define our product experiences.
You will join our team in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a passionate team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization while and exploring concepts and technology.
Join us. Be Epic!
What We Need You To Do
- Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand and services
- Help craft a better design system for all of PlayStation designers to follow
- Produce low and high fidelity interactive prototypes to prove out concepts
- Build flows, wireframes and interactive models and the corresponding documentation
- Invent and apply design patterns, processes, and tools.
- Rapidly iterate on design solutions based on engineering or other constraints
- Influence the PlayStation design team through story telling and collaboration
What you bring
- BA/BS in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience building user-centered interactive designs.
- A portfolio that showcases, thoughtful, simple, deliberate intuitive design, with extraordinary interaction, motion, and visuals.
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and rationale.
- Experience crafting web and mobile products.
- Experienced knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) for wireframing and high-fidelity mockups.
- Ability to improve and expand existing design systems/components.
- Produce detailed spec and graphic assets for implementation.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts.
- Experience working with research and insights.
- Experience conducting testing and heuristic analysis.
- Collaborate with partners on user journey development.
- Ability to work unsupervised in an agile environment.
- Experience working with decentralized or global teams a plus.
- Experience crafting for a global audience in multiple languages a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.