PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Audience Activation Analyst
Location: San Mateo
In this role you will be an analyst on SIE Marketing’s Audience, Infrastructure, and Measurement (AIM) team. You will play a vital role in crafting and evolving the way that we connect with our consumers. Our team has a wide range of skill sets from SQL specialists and audience strategists to attribution modeling. We collaborate with our network advertising team to improve their targeting capabilities and provide insight on return on investment and meaningful lifts in customer engagement
AIM analysts have clear areas of expertise, every member of the team has the opportunity to learn and grow new skills outside of their specialty by contributing to all areas of AIM. You will further enable our global marketing organization to use our first party data to put the customer first in all of our marketing communication. Together as gamer and customer experience advocates, we can show how PlayStation is truly the Best Place to Play!
- Work together with marketing and agency partners across all marketing regions as the subject matter expert on our ecosystem of data to build custom segments and support campaign executions
- Perform analysis that provides impactful insights on how to continually evolve and improve our global and regional audience marketing strategy
- Advise partners on campaigns, using data-based insights with the goal of efficiently achieving important metrics and building new marketing campaign opportunities
- Run ad-hoc and scheduled customer lists to power PlayStation’s digital marketing channels globally
- Ensure the efficient and successful delivery of all customer segments to global marketing platforms
- Work as part of our AIM SCRUM team to deliver value to audience activation, while also exploring growth opportunities for other channels and functions across the AIM team
- 3 years professional expertise with relational databases
- 5 years marketing analytics experience
- Experience with and an informed opinion on standard methodologies measuring email
- Experience working with martech/adtech platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, DMPs, Publisher and Social Partners)
- Executed analysis projects related to lifecycle marketing, targeting segmentation strategies, cohort analysis and tracking, churn prevention, A/B and multivariate tests, and reporting dashboard design and development
- SQL programming experience required, R preferred
- Experience with BI visualization tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy
- Ability to collaborate and communicate optimally with a diverse group of established partners including marketing, technical teams, and agencies
- BA/BS degree
- Proficient in spreadsheet modeling and presentation-making skills that effectively present data in a compelling way, both verbal and written, to influence business decisions
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills—skilled at analyzing and deriving significant insights out of sophisticated data and translating that into meaningful strategies
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- You are an analytical problem solver who uses data driven insights to meet evolving business needs
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while keeping a positive attitude and even a sense of humor
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.