PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The Global Customer Engagement team is part of the broader Digital team within the PlayStation central marketing department and is responsible for executing multi-channel digital programs and campaigns developing a meaningful dialogue with tens of millions of customers across the globe.
The team's primary focus is to develop long term relationships with the highly engaged database of PlayStation users. We do this primarily through the email channel and social targeting at both a central and territory level, while also developing new channels like push messaging and on-console Notifications.
Within PlayStation, we are champions of customer centric and data driven marketing and have established continuous test & learn processes to help us provide the business with insights about our customers and their behavior. We are creative, innovative and technical. We are advanced users of Salesforce Marketing Cloud amongst other tools and platforms, and we seek to deliver the most sophisticated, effective marketing programs in the entertainment industry.
What you will be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced CRM Lead to play a key role in the ongoing transformation of an already successful team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing a multi-touch point, multi-channel Campaign and Audience strategy for the global software business, spanning email, mobile and other direct messaging channels including social advertising.
- Build solid relationships with cross functional teams including 1st and 3rd Party marketing teams, liaising on campaigns, content and audience planning.
- Requesting channel and cohort-specific content as needed, and/or working closely with cross-functional campaign teams so that we have the best content lined up against our audience targets
- Be a key player in the aim to move to a next best action/message way of working. This will involve working with the MarTech, Platform, AIM and the rest of the Customer Engagement team
- Deftly running the end to end campaign management process for complex campaigns - from prioritizing requirements and briefing creative, audience creation and message deployment, and sharing analysis and campaign findings with partners.
- Ensuring detailed campaign and channel performance reports are regularly shared with all partners
- Initiate a global test and learn strategy to optimize the BAU comms efficiency; feeding all insights gained from previous campaign analysis back in to build a continuous process of testing and refinement
- Plan and lead cross-functional projects through to completion; assessing workloads, judging areas of risk and gauging progress to ensure that objectives and deadlines are met
- Discover new functionality and/or new tools that could elevate the innovation in our communications
- Represent the team in territory business summits and educate partners on the benefits of Customer Engagement as a robust marketing channel
- Keeping up to date with developments and opportunities in the digital marketing world, using this knowledge to keep the company ahead of competitors
- Management of certain agency relationships where relevant
Required experience / Functional Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of CRM and Email marketing - from html to test and learn to Database design and management
- Experience using market-leading CRM tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Previous use and strong understanding of complex data science assets and a knowledge and experience in setting up analysis frameworks and tests
- Proven project management skills and an ability to get things done accurately and at pace
- A digital approach – you’re a digital native who understands the digital marketing ecosystem and the role of Customer Engagement and other digital channels
- Experienced knowledge and understanding of the role and impact of Customer Engagement in a large result driven business
- Excellent relationship building skills and an ability to work effectively with complementary teams across a matrix organization
- Educated to degree level in a related field such as Business, Marketing or Mathematics and a strong academic record
- Highly organized - able to handle a large workload and progress multiple meaningful projects simultaneously thanks to your skill and work ethic
- A specialist in B2C CRM with 5+ years of experience in an influential role
- Customer obsessed – you look at quantitative and qualitative customer insights in order to make decisions and recommend improvements
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and persuade upwards and outwards – comfortable briefing Creatives, Analysts, Engineers, Legal and Senior Management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a consistent track record in data-based decision making, and comfortable with financial and operational analysis
- Numerate while also creative and full of ideas for how to change the status quo for the improvement of the team and the organization
- Constantly pushing to see if there is a better way of doing things
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets with excellent Excel skills (SQL not required)
- Passionate about customer marketing, CRM and data
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.