PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Payroll Vendor Management
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Manager is a strategic and vendor/client relations role designed to provide leading payroll vendor management services support to Sony Interactive Entertainment. The Senior Manager is responsible for establishing and managing external payroll vendor partnership(s) supporting the production of accurate and timely payroll results. This position is responsible for the vendor management of an outsourced payroll provider and training and development of the Payroll Services team and will lead in a collaborative manner, within and outside Payroll Services, to drive an environment of exceptional customer service. This individual can synthesize, analyze, and articulate process and technology improvements to senior HR leadership and is expected to maintain up-to-date awareness of current trends in HR and Payroll. In addition, the Senior Manager is a key member of the HR leadership team in developing payroll strategy, planning and communications.
- Develop integrated relationships across the SIE organization and collaborate with HR stakeholders, Benefits, Compensation, Business, and external parties to ensure timely and accurate results
- Provide exceptional stakeholders experience, resulting in high customer satisfaction
- Liaise between outsource provider and functional staff to bring issues to resolution within provided escalation service level agreements.
- Network with third party providers and review key offerings, account management updates, and legislative changes
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with internal and external customers and key stakeholder management
- Oversee training and communications with customers and systems users on new processes and functionality
- Solicit customer feedback from across teams downstream and upstream to understand potential areas of vendor services improvement
- Works collaboratively to optimize services by aligning systems services with customer needs through an understanding of customer’s needs
- Proactively monitors and advises customers and stakeholders on critical issues affecting service delivery
- Review appropriate responsibilities to the vendor management team and escalates and reports appropriate issues and results to executive management
- Analyzes and recommends suggestions for stakeholders’ concerns and develop action plans for correction
Payroll Services Account Governance:
- Manage the outsource payroll service provider business framework to ensure delivery of the two bi-weekly payroll processes and results (US & Canada)
- Manage effective relationships with payroll vendors and lead the governance of vendor deliverables
- Manage responsive, accurate, and timely resolution for common payroll vendor services inquiries
- Review and approve necessary additional services payments against contractual obligations and identify opportunities for reducing occurrences
- Oversee payroll governance infrastructure comprised of policies, controls and other risk management tools
- Manage the planning, design, and implementation of change requests with payroll services providers
- Resolve multi-tier vendor services escalation inquiries
- Directly accountable to ensure that Payroll service meets all applicable service level agreements
- Responsible to ensure the Standard Operating Procedures manual is kept up to date with current payroll service provider model practices and procedures
- Hold Payroll vendors accountable for all applicable service level agreements and specified contract terms.
- Provide consultation support of multi-state/province tax administration services, including monitoring for latest tax requirements at the federal, state and local levels and defining requirements for all applicable payroll tax jurisdictions
- Oversee the processing of international assignees shadow payrolls and audit pay to ensure results agree with recommendations from mobility services.
- Ability to use advance MS Excel formulas/skills to validate data and ensure data accuracy
Project Management and Strategic Initiatives:
- Ensure contract agreements are being fulfilled/leveraged and monitor relevant metrics
- Provide project management support for given initiatives in HR and Payroll special projects
- Lead meetings with Finance and HR stakeholders to set end-to-end pay processes expectations and drive agreeable outcomes
- Develop vendor governance model and adapt the model to the changing needs of the business
- Produce performance scorecard and coordinate service improvement initiatives
- Align all stakeholders to project schedules, work orders, budgets and milestones
- Drive pay impacting related implementations and initiatives by managing vendor management team for on-time and on-budget results
- Report project progress to executive management and manage reporting
- Ability to synthesize data trends and Payroll and Time technology architecture and articulate recommendations with IT, HRIS, Operations and outsource services on SIE’s ongoing payroll requirements
- Aptitude to drive system automations to eliminate manual processes
- Manage and troubleshoot the administration of cloud-based payroll platform integrations
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, contract updates, and new initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience in managing an outsourced payroll provider and developing a vendor governance model
- Background in multi-tier support structure and dealing with external outsource support model
- Possess a deep understanding and experience of US and Canada, wage and hour and tax law
- Proven expatriate and repatriate processing experience and mobility understanding
- Experience leading multiple teams and motivating others
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Apply sound judgment and discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to manage change requests and the defining of new service provider requirements with input from multiple teams and stakeholders
- Proven client satisfaction experience
- Passion for providing exceptional quality service and striving for exceeding clients' expectations
- Proactive anticipations of issues and developing collaborative relationships with upstream and downstream functions
- Issue resolution, solution oriented, and accountability
- Strong understanding of general HR processes and data, including eligibility and procedures, to provide expected correct downstream pay result outcomes
- Analytical skills with ability to synthesize and effectively articulate recommendations to leadership
- General understanding of HR and Payroll system databases, functions and processes, specifically cross-functional touchpoints
- Outstanding leadership quality, project management skills and business commercial awareness
Preferred Certifications: CPP, PMP
Preferred Computer Applications: ADP Vantage, eTime, Workday, Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM, Kronos, SAP Finance
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.