PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Program Manager (Audience Marketing)
Location: San Mateo
Are you passionate about gaming and data and do you have technical and program management experience? PlayStation's Audience Marketing team is looking for a Program Manager who is willing to roll up their sleeves and keep the team organized! You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive demeanor and even has a sense of humor. You will work within the Audience Infrastructure and Measurement (AIM) team at SIE with cross functional teams on new initiatives that use audience engagement and targeting.
As global Program Manager you will move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver high-end and strategic cross-functional projects. You are a bridge and a connector for the company juggling and prioritizing multiple projects. We are looking for an individual who can break through communication issues and efficiently develop collaborations at every turn. You build trust across the organization through collaboration and active communication while not being afraid to be direct. Are you that someone who an act with emotional intelligence and integrity?
- Collaborate closely with our global, territorial, and agency partners to provide visibility and willingness on audience marketing and targeting capabilities
- Understand our audience marketing tech map to be able to provide audiences at a high level
- Act as the main audience representative for cross functional partnerships that help to align global tools and technology related to audience activation
- Work with scrum master to develop and implement processes for global digital campaigns
- Translate marketing requirements into groomed audience stories and facilitate communication between audience teams and business partners to solidify project requirements and drive updates
- Collaborate with leadership on initiatives to evolve our audience targeting strategy
- Partner with technical vendors, internal engineering teams, and other PMs to represent audience marketing requirements for new technical improvements involving audience targeting
- Possess technical skills to make use of our audience platforms in order to partner with management on how to create efficiencies and deploy a global audience framework. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Develop and drive project schedules across multiple teams delivering various technical products and processes.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, lead critical issues and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities.
- Build partner relationships and collaborate with Engineering, Product counterparts, and other major partners.
- We would like you to be dynamic enough in your role to contribute to the management of other programs in times of need
- Proven track record to build, empower and organize a team
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 -5 years of professional technical marketing experience
- Must be inventive and seek solutions through information gathering, partner discussions, and/or judgment
- Proficient in SQL; 3 years of SQL experience preferred
- Extensive experience with SAFe or Scrum methodology (CSM a huge plus)
- Demonstrate knowledge of audience platforms and how they are used for marketing, such as DMPs, CDPs, ESPs, and media targeting platforms
- Excellent communicator who can connect with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set technical to non-technical) and experience (individual contributors to executive), cross-organizationally and with external partners.
- Experience with overseeing projects/work flow across a global institution
- Experience in the gaming industry is not required, but interest in gaming is strongly desired. Experience in digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus
- Maintains an awareness of new and emerging trends or tools and their potential application for agile program management
- You are an analytical problem solver who is data driven, with a can-do demeanor and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- You possess extraordinary communication and presentation skills, able to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on sophisticated, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.