PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager- San Francisco
You will be responsible for crafting and driving process improvements for large, complex programs, as well as large-scale event planning and coordination to deliver world-class, socially-engaging experiences, which delight customers and make PlayStation® the best place to play. You will partner with the organization worldwide including SIE Engineering, Product, and Executive leadership to ensure accurate trafficking of deliverables for major milestones and to provide related risk assessment and mitigation.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership and executives to define and implement process improvements across the programs, drive execution, optimize delivery, handle risk, and provide overall visibility
- Lead activity to define, plan and run large scale program events, summits, and workshops
- Facilitate key executive-tier program forums
- Handle, support, and streamline portfolio/program dependency management across the product development organization
- Provide risk mitigation related to process, scope and quality, by communicating a clear description of problems and potential solutions to senior staff
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to drive actions and resolutions
- Materially contribute to project deliverables where appropriate
- Experience in establishing and developing global, complex enterprise scale programs from initial kick-off through launch
- 5 years proven experience as a Program/Project Manager
- 3+ years of experience in the streaming, gaming, music, digital media, or network service industry
- Solid understanding/experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles
- Proficiency with tools used in Agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
- Experience implementing large-scale process improvements
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycle: software development, release processes, testing / quality assurance
- Motivated, organized self-starter with strong problem solving capabilities
- Exhibit attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills with an assertive approach
- Ability to move projects forward with some ambiguity in some instances
- Highly adaptable, organized, and detail oriented with an ability to influence others in these areas
- Strong sense of ownership of process and results
- Previous experience with event coordination/planning
- Large-scale agile process implementation, adaptation
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills useful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.