PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community!
We are seeking a Manager, Game Design who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA game with a specialized focus on creating gameplay, combat, systems, and technical architecture. Just as important is the ability to inspire, empower, and mentor designers through projects and help nurture their larger career goals and plans.
- Collaborate with Game Director to develop and a shared gameplay vision
- Maintain the gameplay vision throughout all phases of the product development cycle from concept through implementation
- Drive development through effectively utilizing technical, gameplay, combat, and systems design teams
- Regularly evaluate and provide feedback for in-progress designs
- Collaborate with other departments to support shared initiatives
- Work closely with production to establish achievable milestone deliveries
- Lead the creation and maintenance of essential design documentation
- Occasionally perform hands-on design work
- Identify and help create processes, techniques, and tools to guide and encourage the evolution of game design within the studio, and to improve quality and or efficiency
- Manage and nurture design team careers
- Constantly strives for excellence, and knows what it takes to accomplish
- Deep and varied experience with (but not limited to) AI design, player control, combat, user interface, pacing, and progression
- Expert knowledge with game development tools such as 3d packages, scripting languages, proprietary editors, and varied documentation/visualization applications
- Must have knowledge of competitive products and various genres, as well as a personal understanding of what makes games fun and entertaining.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- At least 10 years of experience in a game development environment
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Shipped multiple titles in lead, director, or management capacity
- 5+ years of experience leading design teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.