PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both partnership and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to phenomenal restaurants, museums and nightlife.
- Develop Test frameworks and tools to test applications running on PlayStation, mobile devices and other flagship Sony devices and services.
- Lead infrastructure teams to create and maintain common services such as CI pipelines and automation stability initiatives.
- Work with console developers and QA to define and implement test automation system architectures
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least four years or equivalent experience in building test infrastructure and CI strategy
- Significant experience in Python
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Confirmed experience crafting and creating automation frameworks and test suites
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience developing or testing a non-PC device (phone/game console/set-top box, etc.)
- Experience with React Native
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.