PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Client Platform Engineer (Vulnerability Management) (Contract)
San Diego, CA
The IT Client Platform Engineer will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and vulnerability management of our global environment of macOS and Windows client endpoints. In this position the engineer will reduce vulnerabilities, bring systems into compliance, and drive remediation efforts through automation and manual remediation.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary.
- Validate first and third party patches against macOS and Windows corporate builds
- Manage the release of first and third party patches for macOS and Windows endpoints
- Engineer, test, and deploy custom solutions for reducing vulnerabilities through automation across endpoint estate
- Manage and track hands-on remediation efforts with operational support team
- Review environment with Information Security and provide updates to stakeholders
- Perform other duties as necessary or as required
- Experience vulnerability management and data analysis
- Experience working with scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python)
- Experience managing 1,000+ client endpoints in enterprise environment
- Experience using and managing macOS 10.13+ and Windows 10 1709+
- Experience packaging applications and creating custom solutions
- Experience with systems management tools (SCCM, Jamf, Ivanti)
- Experience with vulnerability management tools (Qualys, Tanium)
- Experience creating data driven reports and providing updates to stakeholders
- Background in automation with focus on user experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to organize and prioritize ongoing maintenance efforts with operations team
- Ability to work remotely as required
- Two or more years of experience in systems and/or vulnerability management
- Four or more years of experience in client endpoint support
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.