PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Client Platform Engineer (Contract)
San Diego, CA
The IT Client Platform Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and management of our global environment of macOS, Linux, and Windows client endpoints. This individual will manage the maintenance and configuration of the operating system and applications, create custom solutions for application deployments, and support the ongoing projects and initiatives by the Information Technology, Information Security, and Engineering departments.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary.
- Design, build, document, deploy, and support ongoing automation of client endpoints
- Support and manage macOS, Ubuntu Linux, and Windows
- Implement and iterate on deployment solutions across macOS, Linux, and Windows
- Propose recommended solutions for improving the functionality, efficiency, utilization, or effectiveness of systems and process
- Assist team with monitoring and resolving escalated requests for support
- Perform other duties as necessary or as required
- Experience working with scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python)
- Experience managing 1,000+ client endpoints in an enterprise environment
- Experience using and managing macOS 10.13+, Ubuntu LTS 18.04+, Windows 10 1709+
- Experience packaging applications and creating custom solutions
- Experience with software development life cycle
- Experience with systems management software (SCCM, Jamf, Intune, Ivanti)
- Background in automation with focus on user experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up
- Experience creating and documenting processes and solutions
- Experience working through agile methodology
- Ability to work remotely as required
- Experience building and deploying security controls (CIS Benchmark Controls)
- Experience automating configuration of authentication (Active Directory, Cloud IdP)
- Experience deploying, managing, and removing software
- Experience with hardware provisioning practices such as imaging or zero-touch
- Four or more years of experience in client endpoint support
- Two or more years of experience in client endpoint systems management
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.